The process for finding a new pastor within the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod moves slowly. This is somewhat intentional so that both congregation and pastor take an appropriate amount of time to pray and seek the Holy Spirit's guidance throughout the process. The office of pastor is not just a job that is hired or fired, but one that God has given to His church and fills through prayerful consideration by both pastor and people.
This page will be home to all of the updates along the way as we work toward identifying the person God has already knows to fill our open Associate Pastor spot.
Call Committee Members: Joe Gogerty, Chair, John Bilsten, Matt Divis, Rita Prunty, Abby Wolf, Aaron Siefken, Heather Studer, Melissa Lentz, Keith Kuecker, Tami Hankins, Chandra McMahon, Pastor Tom Schlund, Pastor Thomas Cowell
- Call Committee appointed at the June Church Council Meeting (Members listed above)
- July 1, 2019 -- Call Committee meets with President Turner to learn about the process and discuss options
- Questions were asked about the possibility of other positions like Director of Christian Education, Deaconess, or Vicar.
- An update was shared with the congregation on July 7th that summarizes the conversation with President Turner and presents the information we have moving forward. You can read that update by clicking here.
- President Turner sent a list of names to the Call Committee. The committee met on September 10th to narrow down the list and select names to be interviewed further.