Our Lord has given our congregation a bright future and He will provide the resources we need to fulfill our mission and reach our vision. You are an important part of the Lord’s plan for Trinity Lutheran Church. As you develop your own personal Christian Estate Plan, please consider how the Lord could use your gift to the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund to perpetually support the mission of our congregation.
The purpose of the Fund is:
Providing Investment Income to Support the Mission and Vision of Trinity Lutheran Church.
How is the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund managed?
The Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund was organized by our congregation in 1994. It is managed by the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund Committee. The committee is comprised of the treasurer, stewardship chair, financial secretary, and president of the congregation and three appointed members. The committee meets quarterly to receive gifts to the Fund, manage the Fund’s assets, and distribute the investment income from the Fund’s investments to projects and programs to support the mission of Trinity Lutheran Church.
What gift categories are available in the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund?
There are several different ways that you may direct your gift to the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund. All funds received will be kept separate from the congregation's operating budget. The following categories are available as areas to which gifts and bequests may be given:
1) Unrestricted Fund
The income from this fund is used for the area of greatest need at Trinity Lutheran Church. The Endowment Fund Committee receives recommendations from the leaders of the congregation each year on how to use the income from the fund to support the mission of the congregation.
2) Congregation Restricted Categories
Each of these funds is managed by the Endowment Fund Committee to produce income to support a specific area of the mission of Trinity Lutheran Church:
- Education- These funds will be used for projects to support the local Christian education programs. (Example: VBS, Sunday School, Mid-week, Confirmation, Adult Classes)
- Missions- These funds will be used for projects to support Mission work at home, the district, and synod. (Example: mission congregations, new highway sign, newspaper ads, direct support for overseas missionary, Lutheran Family Service, Camp Okoboji)
- Scholarships- These funds will be used for continuing education of staff and for students going into full time church work in the Missouri Synod as Pastors, Teachers, Directors of Christian Education, or Deaconess. Priority will be given in the following order: 1) Home 2) Circuit 3) District 4) Synod.
- Building and Grounds Improvement- These funds will be used for projects locally to improve and repair church facilities. (Example: painting, remodeling, furnaces, tuck pointing, landscaping)
- Youth Programs- These funds will be used for projects to support our congregation's youth ministry programs. (Examples: Youth retreats, counselor training, youth gathering scholarships, Camp Okoboji camp scholarships)
- Building Fund- These funds are available for new building projects and land acquisition.
- Church Music- These funds will be to support the congregation's music program. (Examples: Organ repair, upkeep and upgrade, hand bells, sound system for vocals)
- Local TV Ministry-These funds will be used to support and improve our television broadcasts over our local cable television station.
- Church Staffing-These funds will be used to fund staffing needs as we serve a larger geographic region and changing demographics in our community.
3) Donor Restricted Funds
You as the donor determine how the ministry of Trinity Lutheran Church is supported. The Endowment Fund Committee manages your fund separately according to your directions which are spelled out in a written agreement. The minimum amount for this type of gift is $10,000.
How can I make a gift to the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund?
Here are some examples:
- Gift of cash: These gifts of any amount may be made at any time in memory of loved ones, in honor of others, in celebration of special events, and in thanksgiving for God’s goodness. These gifts can be made through an envelope available at church or online through our online giving portal.
- Gift from will or trust: You can make a gift of a % of your estate, a specific amount, or a specific gift of property through a gift in your will or trust. This is accomplished by including special wording in these estate planning documents.
- Gift from tax deferred account: You can make a gift from your tax deferred account such as an IRA, 401K, 403B, Annuity, etc. This is accomplished through a change in your beneficiary designation.
- Gift from life insurance: You can make a gift from your life insurance. This is accomplished through a change in your beneficiary designation.
- Life income agreements: You may make a gift of cash, securities, or real estate into a life income agreement such as a gift annuity or charitable trust. You receive income for life and at your death the remainder of the principal in your agreement goes to the Trinity Lutheran Church Endowment Fund.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact a member of the Endowment Committee:
|Bruce Hackbarth||Congregational Treasurer|
|Abby Wolf||Stewardship Chairperson|
|Cindy Gaedke||Financial Secretary|
|John Bilsten||Congregational President|
|Pastor Tom Schlund||Senior Pastor|